A clean house is crucial for protecting the health and well-being of your family. That is why proper waste management is critical because certain types of wastes can cause harmful effects on the environment if you are not able to handle it properly. Failure to observe proper waste management can potential cause serious diseases or it can contaminate your water supplies.
Luckily, there are a lot of home devices we can use to efficiently manage waste products. You can even browse an online catalogue here to see the ones that suit perfectly to your piping needs.
The use of soil and waste pipes is crucial for home waste management. They are commonly used to remove contaminated water from our toilets. These devices need regular maintenance to ensure that they function properly. You don’t need to be an expert to repair any forms of blockage in the piping and drainage system.
You will need the following:
* Rubber gloves to protect your hands from any sewage water and waste, and certain cleaning chemicals
* Basic plunger to suck up the blockage in the main water closet
* Drain rods or augers if the blockage is difficult to reach
* Disinfectant to clean your hands and equipments
• If the water closet is clogged or you experience any difficulties flushing, the soil pipes are blocked for sure.
Using a plunger:
* Submerge it in the toilet and give it couple of pumps.
* In case the water closet is still clogged, give it a couple more pumps until you see any results.
* If the use of plunger works successfully, you will be able to flush the toilet and water should flow out smoothly.
If the plunger fails, use a drain rod or auger in case an object is clogged in the toilet:
* Insert the drain rod or auger into the toilet to push down the blockage deep into the pipeline.
* Once you feel any force preventing the rod to go deeper, twist the rod and push it a little harder to clear the obstruction away.
* Once the rod force is eliminated, remove the rod and test the toilet flush.
* If the water flushes down without any problem, you have successfully removed the blockage.
When all else fails, we recommend that you contact a professional plumber to eliminate the blockage. They have the necessary tools needed to dismantle the pipes and remove the object that caused the problem.
As a home owner who strongly gives importance to proper home waste management, it is your duty and responsibility to ensure that the piping materials you used in your home are durable and of high quality.